LITGROUPS 2020-21 – Registration information
LITGROUPS is excited to enter our 12th year of free after-school literacy-based programming for students in Brandon! Due to the current pandemic protocols, we are only offering one location for the 2020-21 school year- our building at 662-10th Street.
We are offering two groups this year- Mondays and Wednesdays for students in grades 3 and 4, and Tuesdays and Thursdays for students in grades 5 and 6. Programming runs from 3:30 to 5:00 pm. Our first session begins September 28 and runs until December 3.
We have a maximum number of 8 spots available per group. After you submit your registration, you will receive an email from one of our staff no later than the next business day. You will be notified either of confirmation that your registration has been successful, or that your child has been put on a waiting list due to the group maximum already being reached. If you do not receive a follow-up email from one of our staff in a timely manner, please contact our office at 204-727-1251, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only register your child if they are able to attend regularly, to allow us to include as many students as possible.
This is a unique year due to Covid-19. We are taking every precaution to ensure that we are offering programming that is safe for students. Our safety protocol includes the following mandatory measures:
- A maximum number of 8 students allowed in each group, based on the size of the space used
- A controlled entrance and exit, with students entering one at a time
- Covid-19-specific screening questions upon arrival, daily
- Hand-washing upon arrival; available hand sanitizer (provided by LITGROUPS)
- The mandatory use of a face mask for every attending person.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (using 6-foot tables, spaced 6 feet apart)
- Regular, daily sanitizing measures
- Separate supply bins for each student
Please do not register your child if you and your child will not comply with these measures; they are not optional and children will not be allowed to participate without adherence to these practices. This is for the safety of everyone.
Parents must arrange for their child’s safe transport to and from LITGROUPS each day, and provide current emergency contact information.
By registering, you are agreeing to comply with our Covid-19 protocols and program expectations.