LITGROUPS Summer 2020 – Registration information
LITGROUPS is excited to be offering 7 weeks of programming this summer, at two different locations:
- 662 10th Street (mornings, 10:00 am-12:00 pm)
- Green Acres Community Centre (afternoons, 2:00-4:00 pm).
Each week runs Monday to Thursday (except the week of August 3 which is a long weekend, our Week 5; this runs Tuesday to Thursday). This programming is for students entering grades 4 to 7 in September.
We have a maximum number of spots available per group each week. As you register, you will be notified either of confirmation that your registration has been successful, or that your child has been put on a waiting list due to the group maximum already being reached. Please only register for one location for the duration of the summer, no matter how many weeks you are selecting – either mornings OR afternoons, and do not switch between locations; we want to ensure that we are able to include as many students as possible, and our themes/materials will be used at both locations (they will repeat between mornings and afternoons).
This is a unique year due to Covid-19. The MB government is allowing day camps, and we are taking every precaution to ensure that we are offering programming that is safe for students. Our safety protocol includes the following mandatory measures:
- A maximum number of students allowed in each group, each week, based on the size of the space used
- Separate entrances and exits, with students entering one at a time
- Covid-19-specific screening questions upon arrival, daily
- Hand-washing upon arrival; available hand sanitizer (provided by LITGROUPS)
- The use of a face shield or mask for every attending person (provided by LITGROUPS)
- Social distancing of 6 feet (using 6-foot tables, spaced 6 feet apart)
- Regular, daily sanitizing measures
- Separate supply bins for each student
Please do not register your child if you and your child will not comply with these measures; they are not optional and children will not be allowed to participate without adherence to these practices. This is for the safety of everyone.
Parents must arrange for their child’s safe transport to and from LITGROUPS each day, and provide current emergency contact information.
By registering, you are agreeing to comply with our Covid-19 protocols and program expectations.